Wedding preparations involve making many decisions in common. Keeping in mind about what your spouse would like and what works for you as a couple is important.
You will have to agree on many things like which wedding invitations to choose, your venue or your perfect wedding dress. But something very important to agree upon is which song you will have your first dance to.
How do you decide on your perfect first dance song?
This is your first dance together as husband and wife. Surely you have imagined that moment more than a million times! It is without a doubt, one of the most romantic scenes of a wedding. So what should you look for in a song to consider it for this unrepeatable wedding moment?
Here are some top tips on what makes a good first dance song:
- Think about songs that have a connection to your relationship. This could be a band you’ve seen live together, or a song that reminds you of when you first met.
- Look at songs with good first dance ‘sections’. First dances are usually short. This is usually a verse and chorus! Most first dances do not involve the whole song from start to finish.
- If you want to stand out from the crowd, think about alternative first dance songs to surprise guests.
- Research the lyrics before you decide. Some songs may have other meanings or bad language that wouldn’t be suitable at a wedding!
- If you have a live band at your wedding, look at songs that they will be able to play live for you. You can even ask your band for song suggestions.
- Research popular lists like this one online. These first dance songs are popular for a reason, and they are tried and tested
The Truth About Choosing Your First Dance Song
The truth is, the decision depends on what works for you specifically as a couple. Not only on your tastes in music, but on those special melodies that have accompanied you throughout your relationship. Those moments that have forever marked your great love story, and what songs best represent that love!
When looking for wedding song lists online, keep your own relationship and rhythms in mind as songs are presented to you.
Before deciding on your perfect track, take inspiration from this romantic list of 25 popular first dance songs to get you started!
1. “Thinking Out Loud” by Ed Sheeran
2. “Marry You” by Bruno Mars
3. “All of Me” by John Legend
4. “Uptown Funk” by Mark Ronson, featuring Bruno Mars
5. “I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Who Loves Me)” by Whitney Houston
6. “Don’t Stop Believin’” by Journey
7. “Crazy in Love” by Beyoncé, featuring Jay-Z
8. “A Thousand Years” by Christina Perri
9. “I’m Yours” by Jason Mraz
10. “Hey Ya!” by OutKast
11. ”Moon River” – Frank Ocean
12.”R.E.M” – Ariana Grande
13. ”You Make It Easy” – Jason Aldean
14. ”Can’t Help Falling in Love” – Kina Grannis
15. ”Golden Hour” – Kacey Musgraves
16. ”Gonna Love Me” – Teyana Taylor
17.”Beyond” – Leon Bridges
18. “Perfect” – Ed Sheeran
19. “Somebody Loves You” – Enrique Iglesias
20. “Paris” – The Chainsmokers
21. ”Gonna Love Me” – Teyana Taylor
22. ”Beyond” – Leon Bridges
23. ”Your Song” – Lady Gaga
24. “Love Story”- Taylor Swift
25. “Sugar” – Maroon 5